May 25, 2019

Flipped a coin - Scotland it is!

We have an infant at home, our first child, and it's taken a toll on us both, as all infants tend to do. Derek surprised me at our 10 year anniversary dinner with a unique 'daily specials' menu tucked in my larger menu - a list of places I could choose to go at the end of August, complete with full time childcare (courtesy of himself) and my best friend's commitment to be my companion!

Not saying no to that!

So, Michelle and I got to planning. Our eyes being always bigger than our stomachs, we struggled to narrow down the place to go. We're both fairly easy going in this regard, so decision making came down to a coin toss, which Derek administered, where Scotland won out over Bulgaria.

We determined to focus on three key elements of the country - whiskey, the highlands, and solid time exploring Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment